1. Stop with the boring “hi what’s up” messages – Do you understand you’re not accomplishing anything than receiving the normal, “Well work was busy and I had to pick up the kids around 5 p.m.” type of response? Go with some off the wall questions that really set you apart.
2. Pictures of nature or your pets – Online dating is not social media, bottomline you’re trying to show different angles to prove you’re somewhat consistently attractive. Pictures of pets or your vacations are cute to show off to your group of friends, but not someone that wants to make sure you’re not a 29 year old crazy cat lady.
3. “Obama is the reason my headline sucks” – Get away from politics it’s nauseating and makes you sound like a lunatic regardless of what side of the fence you stand on.
4. “Looking for loyal, honest, hard working…” – Well duh! Quit explaining the obvious and put some effort in being creative and unique. Maybe you have the hots for a stamp collector or someone that watches Kung Fu (“Office Space” reference).
5. It’s not a factory – Quit going through the motions winking and messaging one person after the other, wake up and realize you’re talking to a person that deserves a well thought out message and wait for it…wait for it…wow an actual date!
I’m tired of folks complaining and saying, “Oh online dating is just not for me.” I’ve come to the realization that sometimes it’s the person that’s not for online dating. You’re job should be more or less to relax, have fun, be yourself, but above all please be unique. We’ve become so numb to technology that nowadays we forget that there’s a certain magic for being able to communicate with a person you may have of never met offline.
I take pride in blogging for Scenergy Dating, visit www.scenergy-dating.com and see how they’ve promoted for of a dating community feel while also combining all that you love about online dating…yes cheap plug for folks that invest in my tank of gas ;