Your heart is beating so loud you think its on the mic.What to do next? Say you are sick with food poisoning (from food earlier today)? No, this date is too hot for that. Scream rat then grab your date and run out the door? No, you want to try their food. Do you face the music?
Don’t worry Nova is here to get you through the night (Rock it out) and further with your date.
1. Have a few songs in mind- The best songs are ones that audience could sing along to and you don’t have to be a great singer for. Plus, check audience for age appropriate content.
“Don’t Stop Believin” by Journey.
“Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen.
“Because I Got High” by Afroman
“Here I Go Again” by Whitesnake
2. Watch a few singers- Good or bad singers, you can relieve some nerves from getting a few drinks and seeing others go.
3. Conversation with other singers that went up- Here is when wit comes in, talk about how good they sound or great song pick. Stay positive with them and they will stay positive with you.
4. Make sure the song you pick is not an emotionally intense love song- Your date may see any love song as your reflection of how you feel about them. (so if you do not know yet, don’t pick a love song)
5. Don’t mind being a little goofy when you start- Keep it at a level 3 just enough to maybe get a little chuckle but not enough that you get an awkward silence.
6. Read the words if you don’t know it, but don’t depend on it- Once you get threw a few lines most of the lyrics will repeat once you get to chorus have audience participation. Get a little rock star (during the words “Don’t Stop Believin’ ” have mic at audience.)
7. HAVE FUN! This is not a competition and everyone gives props to those that go sing.
The hard part is over, now you can sit back enjoy the night, heck you may like it enough to go again. Your date will like your confidence to go out there and don’t mind being goofy.
For more advice go to how to go from the Wall Flower to Social Butterfly
Plus, Subscribe today to get more tips from me, Nova!
*Don’t forget to send in your trees for the Jolly Good Tree Contest! Voting starts tomorrow!