Next of the 5 senses I want to touch on (or smell on) is sexual scents. More lessons on Sex Ed. 101. Smell is unique even though we do not believe smell is what attracts us to others, subconsciously it is. After watching “Diary of a Nymphomaniac” very sexy foreign film, I noticed that heightening sense of smell increases sexual attraction. Now this does not mean to slap on perfume or cologne. But there is science that has proven that some scents are favored over others.
Any musk sent is arousing, with the combination of lavender and pumpkin pie having the greatest effect (Smell Report – sirc.org)
Also, even though its said that the smell of male sweat arouses ovulating females – This is not true. Yet, fresh sweat maybe arousing when combined with oxygen becomes very gross.
Another experiment showed, however, that daily use of pleasant-smelling colognes significantly improves the mood of middle-aged men, reducing mood disturbances such as tension, depression, anger, fatigue and confusion which are associated with the ‘mid-life crisis’. This personal sense of well-being, good humour and confidence, which will inevitably be reflected in behaviour, may be of more help in attracting potential partners than the fickle and unreliable effects of pheromone-sprays.
Now done with my nerdy side lets get to the important stuff.
Below are simply things to have to most attractive smell:
1. Don’t Smoke- Smoking anything will leave a smoky scent on your breath, your clothes, and you. You may not even realize it; if you’re around a smell, your body gets used to it and blocks it out.
2. Cut down on Greasy and Sugary Foods- not only it leads to oily skin and a bad complexion, gives a bad smell.
3. Eat more Fruits and Veggies- Not only good for you but gives a natural smell
4. Use Skin Lotion Instead of a Strong Cologne – Lotion leaves your skin soft and can be better than cologne/perfume all together.
5. Your Place Smell Sensual – I love candles, but you can also use other air fresheners in your place. cinnamon and apple is very sensual in the holiday season. Vanilla is also very popular.
Now I know your asking “But what colognes/perfumes are the sexiest” As a former men’s stylist know that this really depends on the person, something that smells great on your friend, may not smell as good on you. Go for a smell that fits your personality, younger men Cool Water is usually my choice, little older- Aqua Di Gio, rugged men -Diesel, and I could go on and on. Women – Coco, Obsession, Burberry and gosh there is so many. If you really need help finding your sensual scent you can go to Ask Nova tell me a little about yourself and I get you some to check out. Don’t forget to ask for coffee beans to change from scent-to-scent (perfume shops know what I mean.)
Ladies and Gentlemen, I would love to hear what scents you find sexy…