Facebook has become the portal to your daily life style. You discuss a restaurant you tried (and loved), the game your going to attend, and maybe a few questionable status updates. But one of the most private to public things we mistakenly discuss is our love life, and when your single and having dates here and there the rest of the world does not need to know.
1. Relationship status. If your “Playing the Field” or you think you maybe entering into a relationship, just remove the relationship status option. Some of your facebook stalkers might be watching for that status change just to see if they have a chance with you or to gossip. Plus, you don’t want to be the miscommunication of a “In A Relationship” if the other person did not know it.
2. Friends wall posts. You may have flirty friends and that can give mixed signals to your date or future dates.
3. Still friends with an old flame. Everyone has done it. Wondered about an ex and you check up on their where-abouts on Facebook. This can be a big no no if the other is in a relationship. This can also lead to your own stalking of them.
4. Record of your past will make it hard for the future. Does not matter if you met on Facebook, a dating website, or at a coffee shop, now people can simply look you up for a background check. If you vented out about your ex anytime in your past or pictures of past dates are still sneaking around in one of your galleries. Your date will find it and may question it.
5. Relying on the internet fantasy relationship. You may have stumbled across a great person to date on online. Don’t waste your time and heart if he/she is not willing to meet. You fell for his/her personality first, so you are given a chance that you may not have had if you just passed each other in the street.
For more on Internet dating subscribe today! Or check out 7 Tips to a Great Profile Picture!