A profile picture is very important in any social media site or dating website. You know what ‘they’ say “a picture is worth a thousand words”, and you don’t want one of them to be “ew”. A photo of you should show your personality, your style/hobbies, and of course your gorgeous smile. Here are 7 tips to get that Perfect Profile Picture.
1. Wear Neutral Colors. Patterns and Stripes don’t look flattering in everyone and depending on the background it can make you look wider.
2. Choose makeup wisely. When wearing makeup know that colors look more intense in photos, expecally in black and white.
3. Try to take the picture outside. Best is in the morning or just before sunset. Flash can over expose your skin. Dirty or clutter backgrounds (your place or not) takes away from your looks and you just look messy and disorganized.
4. Have the camera at eye level or slightly above. Also, have someone else take the photo. This maybe one of the most important. If you have the lens lower then eye level it can make you look like you have a double chin. Get a friend or family member take the photo. A reflection photo (thanks to camera phones) makes you look like you do not have friends. If you don’t have a friend that can take the photo, put a timer on the camera and place it on some place that can be eye level and adjust. Sure this may take a while but is better, then a grainy, dirty, mirror photo in your bathroom that is most likely blocking your face.
5. Lean slightly back and stand slightly to (your best) side. This makes you look slimmer and more natural pose. Plus, ask for some off center pictures shows more of the background (if you want to show something you like in the background.) Also, gives a pleasant, welcoming ora which people will like about you.
6. Headshots are better then full body. No matter what your body type , a far body shot people can not see your face. Even with group photos best shots are shoulder length. Unless you are not completely vertical (you are sitting or doing an action) the photo is not appealing if the viewer can not see you. *Fact: Studies show that men that show abs are less likely to have serious relationship inquiries. While for women when showing slight cleavage will.
7. Smile without the CHEESE. Smiling while saying cheese actually makes your smile look fake, like a news anchor. Instead think of a funny memory, this will give you the most genuine smile.”To Smile or Not to Smile?” Not smiling is a natural defense to get people to leave you alone. If your goal is to meet new people or to find a date, simply smile.
Like my Post? Let me know, and tune in for my next post ” How Facebook can Ruin Your Dating Life!”