Confidence can be the most attractive feature in a person (when used correctly). In a sea full of people this person glows. The person with great stories to tell, great listener to others, have a natural smile, and is in ease in the social atmosphere. This is you, and this is how you will do it:
1. Skip the drive thru. I don’t mean skipping on fast food, but that will come later, I mean park your car and go inside. The best way to get good at talking to people is practice. Talk to the cashier while ordering, You would not image how shocking it is when the cashier hears YOU ask how their day is going. You can build a conversation, just by observation. Anything you may find unique stir that conversation. Also, if in a line the same rule applies, talk to a person in line. Anything they maybe wearing or body language. * Make it a positive comment. Do this at least once every time you go shopping (works for retail and grocery stores, too) .
2. Change it up. Changing a routine hairstyle, outfit, or makeup can instantly add confidence. Just make sure your fashion forward but stay true to you. May need stylist advice or a good fashionista friend.
3. Stay mentally and physically fit. This does not mean just going to the gym, keep yourself healthy and take care of your skin. People will be looking at you when you speak, by showing a youthful, healthy person they will tend to enjoy being around you more. Natural Selection. Also, you must exercise your hardest working muscle, your brain. Be up-to-date on current issues; being knowledged gives you topics to talk about with others. There is so many free news apps for smart phones it’s easy to do. Only news that really interest you, that way you don’t have to fake that your enjoying the conversation.
4. Be the Giver. Volunteer or help a friend. When you do something positive for another person, you will feel good about yourself and build your mental “self-worth” meter. Plus, it adds on to things you can talk about.
5. Give yourself a daily affirmation. Write the great things about you, people around you, and the little things that are just great! Then stick it on your mirror and say it everyday to yourself, out loud and proud.
Need help? Let Jessica inspire you. Disclaimer: I do not suggest standing on the counter.
Repeat these steps and you will be the life of the party in no time!
Warning: Don’t talk to much about yourself, actually don’t talk too much in general. A common mistake is a person that will talk so much they are shown as cocky (think of a rooster). Make sure to actively listen.
The awkward silence: if the conversation gets quiet and you have nothing else to say. Kindly excuse yourself and move on to the next person.
For more advice or fun discussions, subscribe today!